Thursday 11 September 2014

What do you appreciate most in life?

I listened to Alicia Keys new song "We are here" earlier today and I must say that the lyrics stroke me at the heart. The song consists of such powerful phrases that affects people who are struggling all over the world and it made me think of my life at the moment and how much I have to be grateful for. I feel blessed to have a family where all members are still alive. I am so happy for the life that my parents have given me and that I have shared so many good memories with them and with my two younger brothers. There are days when I find myself smiling over how life used to be while living under my parent's roof. To be able to have my brothers in the next room and being able to hang out a lot more than we do these days. There are days when I truly miss my two best friends

I also feel so blessed to have found the man of my dreams. V and I had been dating for a short period many years ago and continued as very good friends for many years before we decided to get together. Actually, it was not until I decided to move to Örebro at the beginning of my studies that he realized this. I still think its funny considering the fact that I spent so many years in Stockholm while he was living there too. Anyway I can't describe how crazy I am about him, my man, my love, my everything. I simply cannot see a future without him by my side. I often wonder if he agrees with me and if he can see a similar future with me? I still haven't figured it out. Only time will tell. Still, I must say that I have never loved anyone as much as I love Him

Some people say that friends come and go and I agree with the saying. I have met so many different people during my younger years at school but also at University not to mention at different workplaces. As I have become older I have realized what true friendship really stands for and how one can identify a close friend from a regular friend. Previously I tried to have many friends, 10-12 people that I met at school every day or at different activities after school. Today I try to have a smaller group friends, people that I can truly rely upon, who understands me and accepts me just the way I am. No more fuzz, no more trying to be someone that I am not. It's not necessary when you hang out with your best friends. And at times when I haven't seen some of them for a while it always feels like we pick up just where we left it. I feel so happy to have such good friends in my life.

The list could go on forever with things that I appreciate in my life. Still I will mention one last thing. My health. A couple of weeks ago I saw a documentary about young teenagers that had some physical difficulties and simply couldn't move their arms or legs in the way they wish they could. To be able to run, exercise, live a healthy life may be something that most people take for granted these days. I used to eat rather unhealthy and had a long period where I hardly did any exercise. My mind and body were not feeling well and I was depressed. Daily exercise helps me cope and focus throughout every day. Most of us are stressed at some point during the day and I am trying so hard to change my routines at the moment in order to live a less stressful life. Small changes in your daily routines can make a huge difference in your well being during the day. I feel so lucky to have this opportunity to change my life to the better and will continue exercise to maintain a healthy balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment