Monday 15 September 2014

Swedish Election of Parliament 2014.

Picture: skanskan.se

Yesterday was a tragic day in Swedish politics for several reasons. First, the former leader Fredrik Reinfeldt is leaving after 8 years as Sweden's Prime Minister. I still can't believe that the Swedish people decided to vote for Social Democratic leader Stefan Löfven who has no experience of being in such a position. I believe that Fredrik Reinfeldt has done so much for Sweden and is truly one of the very best leaders in our country. With this change comes a lot of high taxes and other problematic political ideologies. I've been reading what other news papers have written about the Swedish election and I found this interesting article from The Economist. It seems to me that the rest of the world is as chocked as I am right now considering that Fredrik Reinfeldt and his stab, where Swedish Finance Minister Anders Borg has been included, steered Sweden through the global financial crisis. 

Seond, it is terrifying that the Swedish Democrats have become our country's third largest party since 13% of Sweden's citizens decided to vote for them in this election. I believe that their success only depends on other Swedish politician's failure in dealing with immigration in our country. This is the result of people's dissatisfaction and I find it very hard to believe that 13% of Sweden's citizens would be racists. The new politicians that are about to rule Sweden must handle this question. They must begin to discuss these questions within their own party. If they avoid it I'm quite certain that this anti-immigration party will grow stronger the upcoming election of 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment