Wednesday 10 September 2014

Autumn of 2014.

Hello dear readers! Funny, it's been almost one year since I last posted something here on my blog. Truth be told, I have been far too busy with life and all that goes along with it and simply forgotten to prioritize my writing. However I am happy to say that I will try my very best this time and try to keep up with it this time and continue writing on at least a weekly basis. After all it is a hobby that makes me feel so good. 

Anyway, what's new? A week ago I entered the last term (6th term) for my education at Örebro University. I still have to pinch myself in the arm to remind myself of that I will be graduating from Uni in less than four months (!) I can't believe how fast time has passed us by. My three year education is going towards its end which makes me both excited and sad at the same time. I am so anxious to start the next chapter of my life in Stockholm, begin to work full-time, move in with my love V and to start my own career. Still, I will miss my old life in Örebro as well, my classmates and closest friends and all that goes with the student life in general. Luckily it seems as if my closest friends also will be moving to Stockholm so we won't have to live too far from each other! 

This term is special in many ways, not only is it our last and final term at University but we will also have an eight weeks trainee/practice from mid november until our last week of studies in january 2015. The students in my class have contacted different organizations in Örebro and Stockholm where we will be spending these weeks performing individual HR-projects within the assigned organization. I feel so lucky to have been given an opportunity to spend these weeks at Ericsson in Kista, Stockholm. Somehow I have gotten the impression that a lot has changed within the company since my both parents worked there for more than 25 years ago and that they have developed new strategies in how to attract graduates in to come working for them. I am very excited to learn more about how they work and the values that are distinctive for their organization. 

I have also yet another exciting event to look forward to by the end of september, for the 30/9 and 1st of october I will be attending the so called HR-days in Stockholm. An event organized by the Swedish Human Resource Association where leaders from a broad variety of different companies will hold presentations related to the HR-area. The event will last during two days with lots of fun lectures and meetings, a perfect way to make new acquaintances and contacts in my future profession. 

During mid october V and I have booked a trip to the beautiful city Prague. I have heard that it is a beautiful city with culture and history that is worth experiencing, not to mention the cheap (!) yet delicious beer which I am sure V will enjoy very much ;) I have made a list of monuments and activities to do during our 6 days stay. If you have any other tips please do share it with me! My very close friend M and I have also been talking a lot of arranging a trip before Christmas. We had our minds set on a city in Europe and have decided to visit London in december. Unfortunately I may have to bring my books during these two vacations but I still find it to be worth it! I am so happy and feel so grateful to be given this opportunity to travel this autumn and to experience both autumn and winter in new and old places. 

Talking about December, the Christmas preparations are starting to unfold in my mind and to-do-lists are slowly appearing in my calendar. Some people call me crazy but I am truly one of the biggest fans of Christmas and since it is such a short season I try to enjoy it the very most by start planning it early in order to fully enjoy it when Christmas Eve finally arrives. This year I am hoping to find inspiration from old Christmas tales, Swedish and British traditions and creative ideas from my own childhood. This year I am also hoping to be able to create my own hand-made Christmas cards and the list of creative things goes on.. I can't reveal all my ideas just yet, be patient and you will surely see more of it here on the blog! 

Anyway time to call it a night, thanks for reading and sharing my thoughts with me tonight. I wish you all a good nights' sleep or a great day depending on what time it is at your place right now! :) Love Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment