Thursday 18 September 2014

Autumn Leaf.


Picture: 1 and 2, both from Etsy

For those of you who don't know I am a huge fan of this season (autumn) and I love all the things that comes with it. One of them is how nature always shifts into a warmer colour palette with colours such as sunset orange, crispy yellow and cherry red. My absolute favourite leaf is the Canadian Maple leaf, not only because it makes me think of the delicious Canadian sirup but also because this is one of the most beautiful leaves that can turn into a variety of colours. I once had a golden brooch that was formed as a Maple leaf but unfortunately it broke and now I can't remember where I've put it. 

Anyway I happened to find these two colourful brooches the other day and fell completely in love with the design. A brooch is a way to make your coat a bit more personal and I always say that it tell you something about the person wearing it. If it's vintage there's probably an exciting story behind it. I'm thinking about ordering one of them, or perhaps both since I'm having such trouble in making up my mind :) However, I know they would look stunning on either my forest green oil coat or my  elegant camel coat. Either way I know I would be very happy wearing them and I'm sure I could come up with a story as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment