Saturday 3 September 2011

Autumn List of 2011.

Style: Bohemian influences á la 70's meets a more preppy and traditional British look with my favourite tailored tweed blazer along with other comfortable yet elegant garment. I love to mix the different styles depending on what mood I'm in and on the occasion.

Colours: I believe that colours such as creme, cognac, chocolate, beige (yes I've become a big fan of the brown colour) blue, gold and white will dominate my wardrobe. I'm trying not to invest in more black clothes since it becomes such a hard contrast to a winter pale skin like mine.

Materials: Cashmere, jeans, lace, leather, silk & súede. Knitted & soft cardigans & sweaters must be updated. For those are perfect when it will get cooler & for the long winter.

Tops: Cotton & silk blouses in both neutral colours such as snow white & beige but also coloured checked ones will do for the bohemian look. I'm also planning on investing well fitted basic tees in a good quality for everyday use.

I long to wear cosy & irresistible cable knits from cool heritage brands that will go perfect with a blue pair of jeans (both slim and flare) and warm boots. Dresses with long sleeve that can be combined with rock inspired boots in order to cut off the "cuteness" and I'd probably wear a leather jacket or a vintage fur vest on top.

Down below: Skinny jeans and flare jeans, coloured jeans (red & grey - check!), a black leather skirt would be cool as a contrast to the preppy style!

Jackets: Leather jackets (red, beige, chocolate brown - I only need a black one to complete my collection!) ;) I will most likely use my fake fur jacket that I bought last year, love it! However I'm hoping to find a really warm winter jacket since my old North Face is ready to throw away. Luckily there are a few good alternatives (Acne, Boomerang, Marc O'Polo, Woolrich)

Shoes: Short boots, tall boots and black overknee boots will be used frequently.

Accessories: Pearl earrings, personal golden pendants & chains, bohemian hats & cashmere scarves, warm leather gloves & braided leather belts

At work/school: Well at work I have to wear a black uniform but I always wear my personal jewellery. What's important for me is that I can feel comfortable, warm yet classy/elegant.

Party: A black lace dress + boots/heels in a bright colour or perhaps a full length dress (I know Zara has this beautiful piece which is to die for!), I'm definitely going to start using coloured lips more often and I've found a perfect red one for party occasions ;)

Top three on the shopping list: Blue jeans with flare legs (bohemian style), cosy knits & warm winter jacket are my top priority right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment