Wednesday 13 October 2010

Workaholic.

Somehow time always manage to slip through my fingers, like the sand in a hourglass. I don't know how but my calendar always seems to become so full. Daily projects such as classes, study time, work sometimes in the afternoon which leads to late dinners where I don't come home until 9 PM. I don't even want to mention the weekends for they are the worst.

They mostly consist of work during the entire day and if I'm lucky to have some energy left I might either go out with friends or stay in and spend some quality time with my family. It's awful. I realized it today when my youngest brother asked me what my plans are for the weekend and I answered him work. So sad.

So much precious time is literally flying by and it felt like I just wake up from a long and intensive sleep when I heard my brother say, "I feel so sorry for you, it's not healthy you know?". He always speaks his mind and he can be brutally honest about almost everything but for that I love him, no matter how heartbreaking his comment might be I know he wants what's best for me by looking after me ♥

Suddenly it's clear to me now, I've become a workaholic. Maybe it's time to take a break from a few things and start to think about what I think is important and most important above all start listening to my body that literally aches almost every now and then during the day and not in a good way. My health comes first. Unfortunately I've been ignoring it for too long but now it's time to make a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment