Monday 18 October 2010

The Letter.

Orange flames burned across the sky while the wind whispered autumn secrets in my ear, it all happened on yesterday's chilly walk home. With one eye on the clock and one eye at my jacket's pocket I checked for new messages on my phone only to discover to my great disappointment that there were none.

The sound of leaves blowing in the small and familiar street caught my attention, as it added a peaceful soundtrack to the colourful scenery of ruby red maple leaves and golden honey coloured oak trees. When I came home there was still some hope of where to look - the shiny silver mailbox - my nerves took over as I softened in my knees.

Suddenly there it was, a faded piece of pergament folded into a neat letter. I looked up to see the sun smiling at me as it slowly faded away in the horizon, a sudden feeling of serenity spread within my veins and made me feel a lot better.

The elegant handwriting could not be mistaken, it had been months and almost a year since the last time I had heard from him. For that I had dreamt about him day and night for several years as my heart wished to see him, no matter the means - with one exception, I would prefer not to swim.

- To be continued.. -

No comments:

Post a Comment