Wednesday 6 October 2010

Time to say Goodbye.

Tomorrow is my last day at the school where I have spent these last four weeks doing a practice for one of the courses I'm studying at the moment. My heart is filled with sadness because of the troubled little faces I was forced to see today and will see tomorrow for leaving them in order to go back to school.

Truly it has gone so fast. I remember thinking just yesterday about a famous quote, "time flies while you're having fun" - it could not be more true. They accepted me with warm and open arms and opened up their hearts very fast. To be appreciated and loved by a child is very hard to describe, in fact there are not enough words for it. It cannot be described, one must experience it in order to understand.

The teachers and staff at the school have been so kind and helpful as well. Talking about an amazing team, I can only hope that I shall be a part of a similar team in the future. I've also had two amazing supervisors who have taught me so much not only about the guidelines they have in their school but also about the important role they have in the children's daily round.

They do not only plan activities for today but also for tomorrow. The children's future and the way their lives may take different directions are in the teacher's hands. I want to be a part of it, this fantastic team that make sure that the youth get the very best preparation for their future challenges. By giving them love and support they will grow as individuals and learn how to help other fellow beings.

It feels as if I've finally found my calling after several years of studying and searching. I've made my decision. Teacher's profession is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment