Monday 29 November 2010

NY pictures - part ten.

Pictures taken during our visit to Carneige Hall & during our Christmas shopping

Our last day was spent in town where we decided to pay the famous concert hall Carneige Hall a visit. We had an amazing guide who literally knew everything about the building, it's history and the artists who have sung in it. I was so impressed by the beautiful stage and the breathtaking set of lamps in the ceiling which is a replicate of the engagement ring of Mr. Carnegie's ring that he gave to his wife - so romantic!

Still what I loved the most about the visit was that the guide actually let me stand by the stage and sing a Swedish Christmas medley in order to try out the spectacular acoustic. I was very moved and honoured to be able to sing and the thought that one of my greatest idols Frank Sinatra had stood there too and sung several of his most popular songs in this same room made my nerves bolt. It went good and I am proud to say that I have sung in Carnegie Hall! :)

After that we went for some sightseeing where we bumped into the famous "Love statue" and a adorable little Christmas shop called The Christmas Cottage. I bought a few cute souvenirs to hang in our Christmas tree. After ten AMAZING days in New York this was our last day. I had so much fun and believe me when I say that this might have been my first time in the Big Apple but not the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment