Saturday 6 November 2010

NY - Day Two.

On our second day in the Big Apple we decided to visit Liberty Island to see the French architect Frédéric Bartholdi's masterpiece, The Statue of Liberty. After a steady breakfast we took the subway and went to the southern point in lower Manhattan. After buying our tickets we had to stand in a very long cue, it took us between 2-3 hours (!) before we could go through security and enter the fairy that would take us to the Island.

The magnificent monument left me breathless on the fairy as my eyes widened the closer we got the shore. If you ever decide to visit this amazing city this is something you must see! Believe me when I say, truly it was worth standing in that very long cue because I enjoyed every minute on the fairy towards and from the island. For some reason my heart was filled with feelings such as hope, honesty, honour after visiting this bright star, an iconic symbol of freedom and of the United States.

When we got back to the mainland we got on the subway and headed towards "Soho" and the area called Greenwich Village. We passed a big food store called "Dean & Deluca" which was filled with many delicious pastries as fruits, food and huge pumpkins for Halloween.

Suddenly our tummies started growling and we decided to have an organic (!) burger at a cute restaurant called "Bare Burger". It was a big meal but it tasted amazing! I've never had such a good burger before. After all the good food we continued our walk through Greenwich Village and walked in to several small shops among them a famous small vintage shop called "A second chance". I tried to nice sweaters but wasn't completely satisfied with the qualities that they were made therefore I didn't buy any of them.

It didn't take long before we got out of the store and bumped in to the cutest little shop located on 30th Prince street called "Little Cupcake Bakeshop". This is where I had my very first New York cupcake! I loved the pretty pink coloured frosting and the red (!) cake/pastry. My dad was lucky to be able to enjoy a good pastry too and that is how we left Greenwich Village with big smiles on our faces :) It got dark very fast and therefore we decided to return to the hotel where the two of us slept like two big bears after a long day of enchanted impressions and delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment