Thursday 11 November 2010

NY - Day Five.

Today was one of the best days in New York! I'd been looking forward to visit some of the city's most famous museum and on this day we woke up early and headed towards "MoMa" also known as The Museum of Modern Art.

Luckily my father and I bought a two-ticket combination while we were at The Top of The Rock/Rockefeller Center so we did not have to line up in the very loong line inside. We could therefore easily leave our jackets in their wardrobe and after that enter this enormous maze (it might sound crazy but it really felt like we were inside a modern maze).

The building consisted of six floors all full of modern art! We saw many classic & cool paintings all painted from famous artists from all over the world. A few of my favourites were; Edvard Munch, Odilon Redon, Florine Stettheimer, Pablo Picasso, René Magritte, Frida Kahlo and Andy Warhol.

They also had a new exhibition about "The Home", one could see everything that we humans have used in our ordinary homes from the early 19th century up until today. There were cars, motorcycles, furniture and so much more. I had such a great time! I'm glad we spent so much time there.

Anyway afterwards we went to visit the famous mall called Macy's. We had late lunch/early dinner there and relaxed a bit while doing some shopping. I even ended up buying two more cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery before we turned back home to the hotel ;) By then we were exhausted and went to bed around 10 PM. I slept like a princess dreaming of those delicious cupcakes ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment