Tuesday 30 November 2010

Getting ready for Christmas.

While listening to wonderful jazz notes (Polka Dots and Moonbeams is great!) by Chet Baker I'm dreaming about going back to New York. I feel so sad to have missed all the Christmas decorations in the city even though we did manage to see a little before leaving on our last day.

I've actually been listening to Christmas medleys non-stop these last few weeks in order to get in the correct Christmas mood. Still I haven't had the time for gift shopping, baking and the traditional Christmas market at Skansen. This weekend it's all going to happen and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm glad that my snowflake is now up and shining in my bedroom window and so are my new white "God Jul" (translation: Merry Christmas) letters too. Still there are more details I want to add to our home before I can say that it really feels like Christmas ;) I'll be working on it and more pictures will come I promise! Anyway it's time to get some sleep. Sweet dreams to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you and I have both been doing that! I have this old CD "Absolute Christmas" which I listen to over and over again to put me in the christmassy mood. It is working - I baked saffron buns this weekend and yesterday i went christmas shopping. have some more gifts though, and the market at skansen to go to before I engulf in xmas mood properly :D but isn't it great how the atmosphere in the city changes around this time of year?!

    Hope to see you at skansen! :) I'm also going this weekend!

    ReplyDelete