Wednesday 10 November 2010

NY - Day Four.

My father and I woke up to sunshine coming outside the bedroom window and the unbelievable heat was still a fact, 23 °C outdoors is very unusual for November in NY. After a good breakfast we headed out and today's schedule said United Nations Headquarters.

It was yet another huge building containing so much history and art all gathered from so many different countries around the globe. We decided to join a tour where a guide showed us around and told us about the different projects that are led and have been led by the UN. Luckily our group was allowed to enter the General Assembly Hall and it was so beautiful!

Afterwards we headed back to town and visited the famous Rockefeller Center. I'd been looking forward to this special building since I've seen it in so many good American films. It was a lot prettier in reality than the pictures I'd seen of it previously. In the afternoon we also bought tickets to go up in their so called "Top of the Rock" - 70 floors above the ground. It was an amazing view to see entire Manhattan from above. Besides we were able to see it during daylight and since it got dark around 5.30 PM we also saw the gorgeous sunset and all the lights turn on from the streets down below. Truly it was spectacular!

When we came down I passed by one of New York's most known bakeries namely Magnolia bakery. Both my father and I went out very happy from the store since they also had a delicious dark chocolate cookie that was gluten free (my father is allergic to gluten) so we were all smiles :)

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that I am loving these stories from NYC! It feels like I'm back again! And I remember seeing Rockefeller Center myself for the first time. People were ice skating and the christmas tree was still up - it was completely unbelievable - and SO much bigger than I expected! I definitely missed the Magnolia Bakery, shame on me!

    Let me know next time you're going back and I'll definitively have to join you so you can guide me there :P haha!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D: I'm glad you like my sort of "journal" like stories from New York :) As I keep writing these posts it feels as if I continue enjoying my trip a little bit more, because as you wrote in your comment it actually feels as if I'm still there, "re-doing" the things we did ;)

    Oh, I envy you for being able to see the famous Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. Unfortunately they had not put it up when I was there but I'm sure that they are on it now!

    Haha don't worry sweetie, you'll be able to visit Magnolia Bakery the next time - which hopefully might be in the company of your excellent Swedish, or perhaps I should say "New Yorkish" Guide ;)

    O♥X
    /S

    ReplyDelete