Monday 15 November 2010

NY - Day Six.

On our sixth day we decided to talk a walk across the famous Brooklyn Bridge. It took 16 years to build this enormous bridge where people today use it mainly for transportation by car, bike, subway or by walking. It was sunny but very windy that day which made me wish for a warm cap.

Nevertheless we walked along with hundreds of other tourists, we did not expect it to be that popular? It was early in the morning and luckily the sky was clear so we could see all the way to the Statue of Liberty and the high buildings along the side of Manhattan.

There was so much activity going on the bridge that day. We did see lots of tourists but also a smaller group of athletes that were recording some sort of work out programme on the bridge with cameras and everything. There they were jogging and doing exercises in small shorts and tank tops while it was windy and very very cold. I just hope they didn't get sick after that.

Besides us ordinary people I also passed a celebrity on the bridge, Michael Moore and another female who I assume was his personal trainer. It felt cool to have seen a celebrity in this big city! Afterwards when we returned to the mainland we went to discover an area called "Little Italy".

If it had not been for all the big buildings that are seen everywhere in NY I'd thought we had left the country and suddenly jumped in an Italian neighbourhood. People spoke Italian on the streets and lots of small restaurants were lined up next to each other as we kept walking. I had the best pasta & mozzarella during this entire journey that day. Perhaps because it was Italian ;)

After lunch we continued our walked and went by many cute little cafés, shops and restaurants before we reached Macy's. It was yet another day of long strolls around the city's spectacular areas.

Guess if I was happy that I brought good walking shoes? Otherwise my feet would have killed me. Still it really made me feel like a tourist. A happy tourist with happy feet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment