Monday 15 October 2012

Introduction week at IKEA.

Good evening dear readers! I hope you've had a good start of this new week. I spent the entire weekend with my friend L, studying and hanging out at her place during Friday and Saturday evening.

M came home from New York on Saturday and arrived to Örebro yesterday evening so L, M's room mate M and I surprised her with home made American pancakes which turned in to a big success and most important above all, we made M so happy! Welcome home once again sweetie! ♥

Another fun announcement I would like to share with you is that, today was my first day at IKEA Örebro, a day I've been looking forward to for over a week and that met all my expectations. I met twelve new faces that all looked as lost as I did when I walked in through the staff entrance at 07:45 AM this morning. After a few minutes of conversation it turned out that I actually had lots in common with the friendly new faces. 

The HR team have arranged an introduction week where we will get to know the company, organization and it's history, business idea, the IKEA foundation, the leading project called "People and Planet" where the employees of IKEA focuses on taking a social as environmental responsibility  learn more about their main focus, selling home furnishings, kitchens, beds, sofas and thousands of other functional and modern articles well suited for the many homes around the world. 

It's been a very busy day, meeting lots of new faces/future co-workers as we've also received so much good and valuable information about the organization and all the smaller units within the store of Örebro. I've attended several other introduction courses at previous companies that I've worked for and I must say that the people I met today did a great job.

The various presentations which I've listened to today have all been characterized by genuine enthusiasm and an in-depth knowledge about the company as a whole. Thumbs up! I have yet another long day tomorrow so I better try to get some sleep. Stay tuned for more info tomorrow! Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment