Wednesday 16 December 2009

Despair.


Picture: DeviantArt

How could one have a heart and name a child despair? I held the angelic child in my arms and wondered what had gone wrong? My mind went blank as I forced my lungs to inhale fresh air. Someone had left her far behind with nothing but a little note that seemed to be a song.

I could feel her little heart beating against my chest. She never cried, not even once. I stared at the endless black road ahead of us and decided to continue out west. I felt lost and moved slow, hoping, wishing that help would come along with the police force.

Colours seemed to fade away in the endless heat. The trembling trees and the glittering grass turned grey. All I could think of was to be sure that I could feel her little heart beat. I held her close as if she had been a golden key.

Side by side our eyes met the light beams from the sunrise. I felt terrified but I would not leave her. Somebody had to think of the value of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment