Thursday 6 October 2011

Kolmården.

Picture: Collage made by me - pictures private, taken by me with my iPhone

A picked me up in town by 9 AM last Saturday and after that we were off on our little road trip to Kolmården. It took us about two hours drive (with one stop on the road) to get there so it was a lot closer than what I had expected.

While driving on the small country roads we saw all the beautiful trees and how they've changed colours, it was so beautiful! Sweden's nature is one of a kind - that's for sure :)

Anyway, when we finally arrived we checked in at the hotel. What a spectacular view they had up front! Apparently this was the last weekend that the Wildlife Park was open before closing for the winter season and they will open again in May. And yes there were families, children & babies almost everywhere and at one second I thought we were the only couple among the 700 guests that had checked in for the weekend but I was glad when I saw that it wasn't the case ;).

The actual park was huge! We started off by going on the Safari tour. A Wildlife gondola that gave us the opportunity to really get closer to all the different animals from so many countries all over the world. We saw bears, lions, lamas, goats, giraffes, zebras and so much more. This ride has become one of the parks biggest investments and it opened up earlier 2o11.

Afterwards we walked around the park and saw Siberian tigers at the Tiger World, dolphins perform at the Marine World, ate a delicious taco plate in the warm sun - truly it was a spectacular day with nothing but sunshine and high temperatures = a perfect day to spend outdoors :) They had over 750 wild attractions and believe me when I say that I was really tired in my poor feet by the end of the day (so glad I wore my converse!).

By the end of the day we had a great dinner and we fell a sleep completely exhausted by all the new impressions we had gathered during the day. Sunday morning we enjoyed a large breakfast buffet before checking out and leaving Kolmården to continue our trip to visit A's family. All in all I can say that is was a wonderful weekend, thank you A for everything, this was the best weekend in a long time and I had so much fun! Already looking forward the next one..! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment