Sunday 18 July 2010

What Hurts The Most.

Picture: We heart it

I could not believe my eyes. The one e-mail I've waited to receive for far too long was suddenly there in my inbox, waiting for me to open it. A letter that may just have consisted of one brief "hello" and still have made my day. Not today.

Unfortunately the joy and excitement spread far too fast as it managed to increase the pulse inside my veins. That same rush made my heart stop for a split second a few minutes later, slowly I tried to grasp the letters and each word that He had written.

I knew the signs wasn't right. How could I have been so blind? Silent tears had appeared and came streaming down my face. Obvious facts that could have led me to the same conclusion, he had met someone, another girl who had taken my previous place, in His warm and safe embrace.

After four months of hoping, praying and waiting that I would see Him again, it is now over. "What hurts the most was being so close." Nothing but inner silence awaits. For this wounded heart shall need a long rest in order to recover itself. Forgive me, if only I could have been good enough..

2 comments:

  1. ...if only I could be good enough...for you Liv
    lucky is the man who can hold you in his arms and feel your warm and safe feeling of home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan: Thank you. Your words allowed me to grimace and express a shy smile.. If only it were true.

    ReplyDelete