Monday 28 January 2013

Celebration.

A word that pretty much summarizes my weekend! :)

My boyfriend V woke me up on Saturday morning singing the Swedish version of "Happy Birthday" and entered the bedroom with my favorite cake and a candle, for which I made a wish and blew it out. He had arranged such a beautiful surprise, he had placed so many candles on the coffee table and in the middle stood a bottle of Champagne a long with two tall Champagne glasses. 

He told me to sit down in the sofa and he had placed a pillow on my usual "spot". It took me a few seconds before I realized that he had hidden "something" underneath it. I found a big white envelope with no text on it. While inside, there was a paper with a cool picture of an English telephone booth and a text that said.

"To my darling, 
I have known this for quite some time now, how fond you are of this special city and how much you have been longing to visit it. This is why I want to give you this trip to London so that we can experience all the unique treasures such as Madame Tussauds, shopping, the home of Harry Potter and most important above all - to spend time together just the two of us. All we need to do is to find a good date within a near future."

The joy, the excitement, the adventure - so many feelings that swept all over me! Truly it was the perfect Birthday present I could ever had wished for! Thank you my love once again, I am so looking forward to experience London with you this Spring! :) 

Later the same morning my younger brother E stopped by V's apartment, wanting to give me his Birthday present. After nearly two months of using my brilliant Macbook Pro it was time to upgrade it with some proper programs, which is why he decided to give me the entire Office-package for Mac!! Awesome! Now I can finally write serious documents and papers for University and take good notes from my lectures. Thank you E once again!! :) 

The day continued with some last-minute-shopping in town - I had still not found a dress to wear for the big Birthday dinner later the same evening. So V and I headed to town and I found a gorgeous dress at 70% SALE from French Connection. Super price and I felt very happy about it. Afterwards I headed to the hair salon to get my hair done and after that to another place to get my make-up done. It all looked stunning when I headed back home to change for the dinner - and yes I was in a little bit hurry by the end of the day but it all worked out perfectly! 

I was completely surprised when I entered the beautiful white room in the restaurant when suddenly all my family members and friends popped out and said "Surprise! And started singing Happy Birthday..". I was so moved deep down from my heart when I looked around and saw all the familiar, smiling and happy faces. Truly, a very special moment I will never forget. 

A lovely dinner waited for us, with laughter, wonderful speeches, lots of photographies taken and gift un-rapping. I had not expected any because I was only hoping that as many good friends of mine could come and celebrate me with my family & closest friends. It turned out that I got the most beautiful and personal gifts ever! I received jewelry, great books, amazing candy, unique Champagne glasses and a lovely porcelain bowl besides from all the happy faces and love that were present in the room. Not to mention my family's gift - a stunning white TV to have in my apartment in Örebro! My first TV!! :) 

Truly, it was a wonderful evening that followed up with lots of dancing at Underbara Bar (a local club in Stockholm) with all my friends who participated during the dinner. I didn't come home until 3:30 AM.. No wonder my feet were pretty sore yesterday ;) I just wanted to say thank you ALL once again, thank you to my amazing family who's always there for me and thank you to my beautiful friends who arranged the entire dinner!! I love you ALL so much! I feel so blessed to have such loving people around me in my life ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment